Objective and Goal
-Demonstrate at least two production technologies for composite products corresponding to a production rate of 100,000 units/year or manufactured structure equivalent to 100 tonnes/year.
-Demonstrate an automated manufacturing process for an aircraft structural component with a production rate of 500 units/year.
-Identify and characterize new composite materials with lower manufacturing costs
-Clarify requirements for materials for bridge constructions in composite and identify appropriate manufacturing technologies for large load-bearing structural elements
Result and Expected Effects
A maintained and strengthened international competitiveness of the Swedish transport and construction industry through:
- Increased skills of Swedish suppliers and networks in the field
- Increased knowledge of rational composite manufacturing methods of LIGHTers members
- Increased number of businesses and industries that use Lightweight solutions
- Increased level of competence for the use of composites for building constructions
- Reduced production costs for structural composites by 25% to 50%, relative to a commercial level for 2010 (depending on Branch)
vid Chalmers, Architecture and Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Funding Chalmers participation during 2013–2015 with 960,000.00 SEK