Asset Management of Pipelines
Stable access to clean water, sewage collection and disposal and heating service is necessity for a sustainable city. Today there are almost no opportunities to assess, examine and repair water pipes without digging them up as a result of big cost and disruption. Through collaboration between researchers and industry (Water and district heating companies), the needs will be identified and possible solutions through new methods/technologies will be tested. Furthermore, pilots will be installed in a later stage to verify for the world market that the new methods and products work.
Goals step 1:
- Identified the needs and solutions with great potential and are ready to develop and test them in collaborative projects.
- Plan of utilisation of new solutions
- Mapping of releveant needs at water and energy companies
- Connected companies, researchers and innovative SMEs
- Draft agreement on specific projects
- Clear view of the global market potential
- Test beds and demo sites named
Effect: New products and services developed by Swedish actors are mainstream solutions on the global water sector.
Thomas Pettersson (contact)
Professor at Chalmers, Architecture and Civil Engineering, Water Environment Technology
City of Gothenburg
Nordvästra Skånes Vatten & Avlopp (NSVA)
Sigma IT Consulting
SP Sveriges Tekniska Forskningsinstitut AB
Sweden Water Research
Funding Chalmers participation during 2015–2018
Related Areas of Advance and Infrastructure