Improvements in neonatal care using experience-based co-design
Journal article, 2014
– The purpose of this paper is to identify and improve patient care processes by collaborating patients, relatives and healthcare professionals.
– To identify and improve patient care processes by collaborating patients, relatives and healthcare professionals.
– Healthcare problems captured from collaboration between patients and healthcare professionals fall into simple, complicated and complex problems. Healthcare staff and patient experiences with patient processes differ, and a collaborative approach is needed to capture all areas needing improvement.
– The conclusions are drawn from a project with few participants in a context that probably influenced the results. In contrast, other studies in the same area confirm the results.
– The study outcomes have direct implications for healthcare professionals who can learn from patients involved in quality improvements such as this experience-based co-design (EBCD) project.
– The paper contributes to limited studies on EBCD involving patients in healthcare quality improvements.