Vehicle Dynamics Compendium for Course MMF062; edition 2016
This compendium is intended for first-time-studies studies of vehicle dynamics. At Chalmers University of Technology this is in the course “MMF062 Vehicle Dynamics”. The compendium covers more than actually included in the course; both in terms of subsystem designs, which not necessarily has to be fully understood in order to learn the vehicle level; and in terms of some teasers for more advanced studies of vehicle dynamics. //
The overall objective of the compendium is to contribute to education of automotive engineers with good skills to design for, and verify, requirements on complete vehicle level functions, regarding vehicle dynamics or motion.
The compendium focus on road vehicles, primarily passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Smaller road vehicles, such as bicycles and single-person cars, are only very briefly addressed.
* Chapter 1: Introduction (automotive industry and background knowledge)
* Chapter 2: Interactions from outside (e.g. tyres, aerodynamic forces, driver)
* Chapter 3: Longitudinal dynamics (also introducing subsystems for propulsion and braking)
* Chapter 4: Lateral dynamics (also introducing subsystems for steering)
* Chapter 5: Vertical dynamics (also introducing subsystems for suspension)
The compendium stretches from attributes and requirement settings to functions. A large focus is put on modelling, intended for simulation based verification of functions.