A Pan‐European Network of Robotics DIHs for Agile Production (DIH2)
DIH2 is a network of 26 DIHs, with a target to reach over 170 DIHs. The sole aim of the network is to spark incremental (cut 50% cost of advance robotics solutions, double the growth of robotics market) and disruptive (maximum productivity & optimum agility) innovations in over 300,000 Manufacturing SMEs and Mid-Caps. It will support SMEs in their Agile Production challenge (50% increase in productivity) and unleash their digitalization potential by enabling robot solutions that are more cost effective at lower lot sizes.
DIH2 relies on:
• A Common Open Platform Reference Architecture for Agile Production (COPRA-AP) -based on Industrial Data Space Reference Architecture Model and FIWARE technologies- to serve the needs of SMEs by means of a continuously growing set of Robotic-based Open Standard Enablers (ROSE-AP).
• A marketplace as one-stop-shop for SMEs to access essential services for digital transformation including business modelling, technical support, access to skills and finance.
• 2 competitive Open Calls to launch an ambitious Technology Transfer Program with 260 Agility Audits, 26 cross-border Technology Transfer Experiments and 26 ROSE-AP, leveraging over 26M€ of public & private funding in advance robotics solutions for Agile Production.
• Members deeply rooted in their regional Smart Specialization Strategy (bringing €5M additional funding on top of EU funds), ensuring ‘working distance’ services for every SME in Europe - whichever the sector, wherever the location, whatever the size.
• A Corporate Sponsorship Program from equipment and automation suppliers committed with the network to get access to wider market and latest research in robotics.
DIH2 will transform this network into a self-sustainable non-profit association with members all over Europe. DIH2 will demonstrate that public funded research can help SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through adopting advanced robotics solutions in Agile Production.
Johan Stahre (contact)
Chalmers, Industrial and Materials Science, Production Systems
Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH)
Consorzio di Ricerca per l' Energia, l' Automazione e le Tecnologie dell' Elettromagnetismo (CREATE)
Cyprus Research and Innovation Centre (CYRIC)
Muelheim An Der Ruhr, Germany
Marousi Athina, Greece
Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP)
Innovation Centre Nikola Tesla (ICENT)
Kurim, Czech Republic
International Data Spaces
Irish Manufacturing Research
Linz Center Of Mechatronics
Lithuanian Robotics Association
London, United Kingdom
Pomurski Technology Park
Murska Sobota, Slovenia
La Roche-sur-Yon, France
Proyectos Y Sistemas De Mantenimiento S L
Romanian Association for Electronics and Software (ARIES)
Slovakian National Centre of Robotics
Sofia Tech Park
Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT)
The Technology Centre of Catalonia (Eurecat)
University of Belgrade
Ventspils High Technology Park
European Commission (EC)
Project ID: GA824964
Funding Chalmers participation during 2019–2022